Sunday, September 27, 2015

Believe the Cookie Hype!


There's a new Cookie Sheriff in town and I concede defeat.  That's actually a really arrogant statement on my part but I have been proud of my chocolate chip cookie recipe for a long time.  Today, I made Christina Tosi's famous Momofuko Milk Bar chocolate chip cookies and believe the hype my friends because they are the BOMB!

I made them this morning, a batch of 24, 3 1/2" D cookies and they were GONE in less than an hour. (I took them into the office!)

The recipe is strange for chocolate chip cookies but follow along because you will not be disappointed. You start by melting the butter not creaming it.  It has milk powder in the recipe which I keep reading about as it brings an unidentifiable taste but a textural richness to the cookie that I can attest to.  The cookies were crisp around the outside while soft and chewy on the inside.  The centers were almost under-cooked in the most perfect cookie dough kind of way.


Here is the link to the recipe:  Christina Tosi is such a full on ROCK Star in the food world right now that this article will make you a fan too!  The article appeared on bloomberg.com.
http://bloom.bg/1L7mTeQ

Can you smell the butter and brown sugar?





No comments:

Post a Comment