Monday, May 4, 2015

Birthday Brunch


 


I am a very fortunate person.  I have a wonderful life.  An amazing family. Great friends.  A job I enjoy and that challenges me.  I have had enough adversity to appreciate to good times and to know a good thing when I see it.

Yesterday, I was reminded of all of these things rolled up into an amazing potluck, birthday brunch.  Good friends - the kind that can cook, bake, and appreciate a fine cocktail or two.  Work- because my kitchen is a meeting ground of Tovolo tools old and new where when 5 women are all using the kitchen at once and no one has to use the same spatula, spoon, turner, or spreader. (Ok in fairness on this one, I am kitchen tool glutton.  It would be really wrong if it wasn't actually part of my job. :) )  Everyone brought either a finished extravagance or ingredients to make a dish.  We started off with a glass of prosecco and St. Germain as guests arrived and continued to eat for almost 3 leisurely hours. 
 

It was a gorgeous day in Seattle!  To have a day at the beginning of May sunny and in the mid-60's is a gift.  There was not a cloud in the sky so we decided to move the whole party outside - dining table and all! It was like a scene out of Alice in Wonderland.

Thank you Birthday Fairy!
 

This is how to have a potluck brunch:

Gluten Free Coconut Waffles with fresh whipped cream and raspberries Cinnamon, cardamom rolls
Toast with French butter and fruit preserves
Triple Cream French cheese
Fruit salad with berries and  sliced mango
Homemade Lemon Curd - epicurious.com recipe
Roasted strawberry, brown butter biscuits - modified Joy the Baker recipe
Arugula, goat cheese, and shallot frittata
Vanilla Bean Meringues
Huck Finn cocktails

 

 

 




 
Huck Finn Cocktail Recipe
 
2oz. Old Tom Gin
 
2 oz. Joia Grapefruit, Chamomile, and Cardamom Soda
 
Lime squeeze/wheel
 
Add the OTG over ice cubes, add soda and a squeeze of lime.  Garnish with a lime wedge.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment